OPEN CALL AUDITIONS: Exceptional Teaching Artists!
Saturday, December 16th, 4:00PM – 6:00PM | Urbanity Balance | 111 W. Concord St. Boston, MA 02118
Part-time teaching options: (1-5 hours/week)
- Urbanity Dance School | Baby (0-3) Kids (4-5) Youth (6-10) Teen (11+) Adult (18+) | Ballet, Tap, Jazz, Contempo, Modern, Hip Hop, Free-styles, Improv
- Urban and World Dance (Boston Public Schools) | Pre-K to Grade 10 | World Dance: African, Latin, Bollywood, Hip Hop…
Are you a dance teaching professional who is passionate about the power of dance and creating a friendly, passionate educational environment for our students? If you’re excited about the opportunity to foster community, acceptance, and personal growth through dance in your classroom, come join Urbanity Dance!
Urbanity Dance is searching for an exceptional dance teaching artists to join our team who have what it takes to be role models for our next generation of dancers. We offer part time work as an instructor for our Urban and World Dance and School Programs. Urbanity Dance School instructors work closely with students ages 0-3 (baby) 4-5 (kids) and 6-10 (youth) 11+(teen) and 18+ (adult) on technique and choreography in any of the following styles: contemporary, modern, hip hop, tap, kids dance, free-styles, improvisation, and ballet. Urban and World Dance instructors facilitate lessons based on traditional and popular dances from around the world in our partnering Boston Public Schools.
- BA in a related field (education, arts, etc)
- 2+ years of work experience teaching dance
- Reliable, adaptable and patient
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including teaching, dancing and choreographing
- Experience working with English Language Learners and students with special needs
- Effective interpersonal, communication, and education skills.
Job Type: Part-time / Compensation: $35/hour
*Depending on role/age/style, specific responsibilities will be assigned.
How to Apply: Please reserve a time, submit resume, preferred ages/styles and current availability to Sarah Zimmer: Community/Education Intern at firstname.lastname@example.org
What to Expect:
- A 10-minute block with Urbanity Dance Director, Betsi Graves and Interim Director of Education, Lea D'Arminio.
- Please prepare a mini-lesson in your preferred age level and style that highlights your teaching capability and style.