Urbanity Dance is looking to hire a Marketing & Communications Manager.
Working directly with the Managing Director and collaboratively with other staff, this full-time position is responsible for developing and executing our marketing & communications plan and drives a significant portion of our annual revenue.
You will engage with and build Urbanity’s community through social media platforms, our website, and in email and print campaigns while managing content creation for all channels. The Marketing & Communications Manager is an integral part of connecting with our communities and showing who we are.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, early applications are encouraged. We are aiming to have this position start by November 13th, with earlier start dates available.
- Delivering and executing all strategic marketing plans with the feedback of department heads
- Driving ticket sales (regular Company season and summer dance festival) through social media, web, print, and email campaigns; and advertising
- Marketing year-round youth and adult dance programs as well as several season programs
- Maintaining all social media channels, delivering new and fresh content on a weekly basis
- Maintaining image and video archives
- Sending monthly newsletters highlighting the organization and upcoming events
- Aiding in the creation and execution of development campaigns and content
- Manage all press relations and creation of press releases and press kits
- Keep webpage up to date with news and program information
- Manage merchandise design, inventory, and sales
- Monitor and maintain brand consistency across all channels of communication
- Aid events at box office and merchandise tables
- Other related duties as needed
Please note, as a performing arts organization with performance and education programs, this role may require working morning, late afternoon and/or evening hours, as well occasional weekend obligations surrounding performances and events.
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years experience in marketing & communications preferred; development experience or other nonprofit/arts experiences considered
- Ability to tell stories (written, visual, in person and however else)
- Proficiency with MS Office/Google Apps, website maintenance, and web-based marketing tools
- Familiarity and passion for social media platforms
- Previous experience with Squarespace, Mailchimp, WordPress and BaseCamp helpful
- Photo, video and/or graphic design skills highly desired
- Experience with dance / other nonprofit arts organizations is a plus
Urbanity Dance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to building a diverse, inclusive staff. We especially encourage applications from people of color, women, and members of the LGTBQIA community.
How to Apply
Required: Please email a cover letter, resume, and 2-3 varied writing samples to Marco Carneiro, Managing Director, at email@example.com with "Marketing & Communications Application" in the subject line.
Optional: Candidates are also encouraged to submit additional materials to support their application, including graphic design, photo or video samples; links to a portfolio, website, and/or channels or sites you have managed or developed; or other materials that you feel showcase your skills, creativity or personality.
Note: Contact information for up to 2 references will be requested during the hiring process.
Salary: $36-40k; benefits; paid vacation; professional development funds.