Urbanity Dance is seeking a Kitchen Facilitator to oversee and prepare dinner for 30+ dancers during our Summer Intensive Program (July 27 – Aug 15). This person must be familiar with food and nutrition, as well as have experience preparing large, family style meals that are healthy and accessible. As we encourage our dancers to help participate in cooking, the ideal candidate will be a well-organized leader; he or she will delegate simple tasks to dancers assisting in meal preparation. He or she must be comfortable and confident in the kitchen and with young people.
Urbanity Dance is Boston's contemporary dance company, striving to push the limits of contemporary dance technique and inspire audience with edgy artistry and startling unpredictability of movement. Believing in the creative interplay between art and community, Urbanity in its ongoing work with Boston Public Schools supports neighborhood collaboration and the constructive channeling of vitality, especially fostering life enhancement for young people through dance and movement.
To apply, please e-mail resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Inspecting food preparation and serving to ensure safe, sanitary food-handling practices.
- Determining the menu with our resident nutritionist, including options for food allergies and intolerances.
- Planning kitchen activities for young dancers to participate in meal preparation.
- Shopping for all food items.
- Preparing dinner items.
- Able to organize and delegate large groups.
- Able to work with students as young as 12.
· Kitchen/ food preparation experience.
· Weekday Evenings approx. 4-8pm
· Saturday Mornings
· Sunday Evenings