Urbanity has two locations, Urbanity Headquarters and Urbanity Balance Wellness Studio
The two studios are a 12 minute walking distance, 3 minute driving distance apart in Boston's South End.
Urbanity Headquarters (UDHQ)
1180 Washington Street
Boston, MA 02118
Balance Wellness Studio
111 West Concord Street
(Entrance in Rear)
Boston, MA 02118
Important note: Balance is truly a "hidden gem" and can be difficult to find. When walking to Balance, the entrance to the studio is actually behind the building. From West Concord, turn left onto Newland or from Rutland, turn right onto Newland by playground, walk through parking lot and follow signs for Balance.
Public Transportation: Urbanity Headquarters 1180 Washington
- MBTA Silver Line, either SL4 or SL5 stops right in front of studio, take the Washington St @ E Berkeley St stop (1 minute walk to studio)
- MBTA Orange Line train to Tufts Medical Center (10 minute walk to studio)
- MBTA Red Line train to Broadway (12 minute walk to studio)
- MBTA Green Line train to Arlington (20 minute walk to studio)
Public Transportation: Balance Wellness Studio 111 West Concord
- MBTA Silver Line, either SL4 or SL5, take the Washington St @ E Newton St stop (5 minute walk to studio)
- MBTA #1 Bus to Mass Ave @ Tremont St (5 minute walk to studio)
- MBTA Orange Line train to Mass Ave (10 minute walk to studio)
- MBTA Green Line train to Hynes Convention Center (15 minute walk to studio)
There are metered parking spots on Washington Street and free 2-hour Visitor Spots on cross-streets in the neighborhood. Check out Shawmut and Harrison. Do not park in spots that say South End Resident Only... these are different than Visitors Spots. On Sunday, metered parking is free.
In addition to street parking, there are a few paid parking lots/garages in the area:
- Corner of Berkeley & Shawmut parking lot (2 min walk)
- "The Stacks" Parking Lot, under I-93 (5 min walk) entrance on Albany Street
- Atelier Parking Garage (7 min walk)
Waiting for a class or a dancer? Check out these nearby spots, friends of Urbanity.
Close to UDHQ:
SoWa Art District (Check out unique shops/galleries on Thayer Street, including friends at Galvanized Headwear, Chase Young or Movimiento)
Adelson Gallery (our Fave Art Gallery)
Bead & Fiber (Craft & Project Store, great classes, learn to knit or bead a necklace for a friend)
Greenlight Cafe (Easily-missed gem weekday gem, affordable sandwiches, wonderful coffee, internet, great meeting spot)