Urbanity Dance is Leaping Forward!
First Annual Campaign
We've had an incredible year here at Urbanity, and we continue to settle into our new South End home, we are committed to growth and excellence within our Company, School, and Community programs.
In the coming year, we envision expanding into uncharted creative waters in an effort to propel contemporary dance to the forefront of Boston’s cultural landscape while growing an interactive community that’s ever strengthened by the arts and where arts education is truly accessible to all. And we need your support to do so!
A gift to Urbanity helps to:
- Endow our Access & Opportunity Scholarhip Fund, bringing dance to students who would otherwise not have access to it
- Support our work in Boston Public Schools, where we are the largest dance presence serving 500 students weekly
- Make possible our Dance With Parkinson's class, a free program for those with Parkinson's Disease
- Lead dance workshops for incarcerated youth through our Movement Mends residencies in DYS centers
- Support Urbanity in leading the way for professional dancers to receive fair wages
In addition to supporting our programs, money raised during our Annual Fund will help support necessary capital improvements to our studio. Our short-term goals include:
- Moving our main entrance doors to lead into the office, allowing students and teachers to excel in a highly focused environment
- Create an observation window looking into the students, allowing families to feel more connected to their child's dance experience
- Making the restroom fully accessible to all of our students, including those with disabilities
The growth we've experienced was made possible by support from our community. Please consider making a tax-deductible gift to Urbanity so that we can continue to find success on the stage, in the studio, and in our community. A gift from you is the motion that keeps us moving!
with love and gratitude,